As a company, it’s important to assess the skills and experience of a new social media manager to ensure they are the right fit for the role. Here are some questions you may want to ask a new social media manager during the interview process:
- Can you walk us through your experience managing social media for a business or brand?
- How do you stay up-to-date on industry trends and changes in the social media landscape?
- Can you give an example of a successful social media campaign you managed?
- How do you measure the success of a social media campaign?
- How do you handle negative comments or crisis situations on social media?
- How do you approach content creation and planning for social media?
- Can you explain your experience with social media advertising and paid campaigns?
- How do you handle multiple clients or projects at once?
- How do you collaborate with other teams, such as design and marketing, to execute successful social media campaigns?
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to pivot your social media strategy due to changing circumstances?
By asking these questions, you can gain a better understanding of the candidate’s experience, skills, and approach to social media management, and determine whether they are the right fit for the role.